Congratulations to Craig who was our winner this month with his great
Mac n Cheese Biltong recipe. For your chance to win a Flavour Fest send in your biltong recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org
* 200g BEEFIT biltong (Pick your favourite flavour, but we tend to stick with Traditional, or Peri Peri for that extra kick)
* 350g dry macaroni
* 35g butter
* 35g flour
* 175ml milk
* 70g double cream
* 1/2 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* salt & pepper to taste
* 300g extra mature cheddar cheese, grated
* 50g parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni until al dente. Drain and run under cold water.
3. Melt butter over medium heat in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes while stirring.
4. Slowly whisk in cream, milk, mustard and onion powder. Cook over medium heat while stirring until thickened.
5. Remove from heat and stir in parmigiano-reggiano cheese & most of the cheddar cheese until melted
6. Toss cheese sauce, macaroni and biltong together. Pour into a greased oven proof dish. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
7. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden on the top.