It's not everyday that a biltong company talks about salad, but we've got a great way of having salad and biltong together! We've been in the farm kitchen in the past few weeks, putting our biltong to the test. We've also been getting into the festive spirit and we've come up with the Festive Biltong Potato Salad, packed full of iron, protein and green stuff. Enjoy!
- 11b new potatoes, halved if large
- 3 oz of biltong
- Splash of olive oil
- 1/2 bag of spinach or arugula
- 1/4 cup of horseradish (mustard)
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 bunch of radishes
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside (you can also steam your potatoes).
- Cut of half an inch of the asparagus stem and throw away. Proceed to cut the asparagus into generous bite-size pieces. Steam for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can begin making the dressing. In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup of horseradish, 2 tbsp of mayonnaise and juice of 1/2 a lemon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Clean and slice the radishes. Thin slices work best as this creates a great texture.
- Place the cooked potatoes and asparagus in a bowl with the spinach, biltong and radishes. Add a splash of olive oil, season and toss together.
- Once the salad is fully tossed, drizzle the dressing all over, or use as a dip on the side. Serve immediately and ENJOY!
Why not try...
If you're not a fan of asparagus, try this with mangetout instead. Just steam for 10 minutes.
If you are feeling adventurous why not try it with our Horseradish Biltong for that extra bit of flavour. Find our delicious Horseradish Biltong on our Specials page.